About Our Client
Our Client is a unique private equity firm, with two primary business segments: (1) private equity investment business and (2) an advisory business that supports a core set of high-performing PE sponsors as they identify, invest in and grow businesses. Their philosophy is to find the best people and give them the freedom to learn, innovate and outperform. Therefore, each individual contributes substantially to firm strategy and goals, and there is extensive feedback on performance. Position Summary
Our Client’s Principals work closely with our private equity firm partners, operating as an extension of their deal teams to evaluate investment opportunities and advance portfolio company initiatives. Specifically, Principals (a) Serve as key relationship owner for private equity partners, thinking strategically about how the firm can help solve its investment needs and fostering long term relationships, (b) Manage internal project teams to drive consistently high impact on each transaction for PE firm partners, (c) Manage and mentor a team of associates through their own career development and progression, (d) Quarterback internal investment committee processes, and (e) Act as a highly visible, firm-wide leader in business building efforts that accelerate the growth of the firm. Responsibilities
- Serve as the key relationship owner for the firm’s private equity partners, thinking strategically about how the firm can solve their investment needs and fostering a long-term relationship.
- Scope projects to maximize the firm’s unique ability to support the firm’s partner’s pipeline on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Foster deep relationships with the senior leaders at the firm’s PE firm partners and ensure an enduring strategic partnership between that firm and the firm.
- Manage internal project teams to drive consistently high impact on each transaction for the firm’s PE firm partners.
- Ensure the firm’s internal teams are aligned against a project plan, meeting timelines and expectations, and ultimately driving high-impact outcomes for the firm’s private equity partners.
- Key deliverables include aligning and engaging senior executives to assist through diligence & post close as well as high-quality business and market diligence insights and presentations.
- Manage and mentor Associates through their own career development and progression.
- Provide day to day management for Associates including project guidance and skills training.
- Directly responsible for Associates’ development plans, promotions, and career progression
- Quarterback the firm’s internal investment committee processes as the firm evaluates a co-investment in transactions alongside the firm’s partner PE firm.
- Craft brief presentations evaluating the investment thesis and outlining areas for further due diligence.
- Lead Investment Committee presentations & communications with the firm’s partner PE firms
- Act as a highly visible, firm-wide leader in business building efforts that accelerate the growth of the firm.
B.A or B.S with 6 to 8+ years of work experience in management consulting, business development, executive recruiting, or other similar fields. Client / Account Management:
strong track record of success managing complex and demanding client relationships. Project Management:
ability to adeptly scope and manage multiple concurrent projects with tight timelines. Personnel Management:
experience managing and developing junior staff members. Relationship Building:
high EQ with advanced written/ verbal communication skills, executive presence, and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally. PE Fluency / Investment Mindset:
understand the PE deal process and how to analyze investment opportunities.