What You’ll Contribute
Our Client’s Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects and risk and control education. The Internal Audit Senior Manager will report to the Vice President Internal Audit and will be responsible for the following:
(1) leading a team of internal audit staff and senior auditors in the execution and administration of operational, regulatory, financial, and/or technology related internal audits, (2) Supervise senior auditors in the development and communication of audit scope, objectives, and results with business management through status updates, meetings, and via written internal audit reports, (3) Provide subject matter expertise on Our Client Bank operations and products during the risk assessment process and audit plan development process, (4) Supervise senior and staff auditors in the assessment of deficiencies/exceptions noted during internal audits, (5) Coordinate and communicate with Our Client senior management, and other key stakeholders; as necessary, to meet above objectives, (6) Manage and coordinate the efforts of the staff auditors and senior auditors to successfully carry out the annual audit plan and provide timely performance feedback, (8) Lead and supervise audit department specific administrative assignments and (9) Perform special projects and investigations as necessary. What You’ll Do
Oversee a team of auditors in executing concurrent audits primarily in the Finance and Accounting areas (including Corporate Accounting, Financial Reporting, Treasury Operations, Asset Liability Management, Allowance for Loan Losses etc.) and other audits as required:
- Provides subject matter expertise to the audit department in the execution of key audits during the completion of the risk assessment and internal audit plan development process.
- Works effectively in teams to manage the efforts of internal auditors and contractors– including scheduling and deployment of resources, updating, and communicating changes to the audit plan.
- Provides oversight and guidance for the planning, fieldwork/execution, and reporting/wrap up of Internal Audit projects.
- Develops procedures, schedules, priorities, and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals.
- Manages competing priorities (i.e. execution of multiple audits) within agreed budget and report potential overruns on a timely basis.
- Ensures audit findings from internal audits are appropriately tracked and that remediation testing is performed as necessary.
- Presents and communicates audits findings, results and recommendations to management (verbally and via written audit reports) and obtain management responses.
- Provides quality service to stakeholders, which includes building strong relationships with senior management throughout the organization and demonstrating knowledge of business risk and processes.
Manage and develop audit team:
- Manages, recruits, teaches, and trains a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the needs of the Internal Audit department.
- Monitors performance of auditors, and senior auditors and provide feedback on a regular basis
Assist the Audit Leadership Team in developing the annual audit plan:
What You Have Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
- Participates in the development of the plan using a risk-based approach.
- Provides insights based on knowledge and expertise gained during audits.
- Supervise execution of special projects and investigations as needed and report on results.
- Acts as a project manager for special projects/assignments as identified by the Audit Leadership Team and reports on the results.
- Acts as the manager for special investigations as needed and reports on results.
- Provides support to the Audit Leadership Team in managing regulatory relations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 6+ years of auditing experience (preferably in financial services)
- 3-4 years supervisory experience
- Experience with planning and executing accounting and/or finance audits and assessing audit results
- Experience working in risk management and/or Sarbanes-Oxley function
- Experience in public accounting, internal audit, financial services industry, or student loan industry
- Sound consultation, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, execute multiple topics/issues simultaneously
- Experience with planning audit strategies and assessing audit results or related project management work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel out of town on a periodic, as needed, basis (approximately 30% of the time)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- CPA, CIA, CRCM, CISA, CFE, etc. professional designation acquired or actively pursuing a relevant certification
Strategic / tactical / transaction: 100% Transactional
Accountability: Accountable for the completion of assigned deliverables with little day-to-day management.
Judgement: Uses judgement, but supervision is required for overall task.
Influence & Impact: Meets less clearly defined demands and influences junior colleagues.
Leading & Managing: Individual contributor and mentor to junior staff. May develop staff on specific projects.